Take a lead to relocate, expand and develop existing portfolio to a flexible and modern estate equipped with the digital infrastructure and facilities needed to complement the client's highly skilled and diverse workforce.
Our client is a government body with a growing presence in the UK
- Accountability for the leadership, delivery and development of the estate transformation programme via several complex resource and capital projects to enhance the staff and visitor experience
- Provide leadership and direction to the property team and cross Corporate Services directorate leadership whenever necessary.
- Ensure in consultation with the Facilities Management Director effective support services, mechanical, electrical, office maintenance, Health and Safety, lifts, contracts are in place for our new offices.
- Promote effective stakeholder engagement to ensure that the estates infrastructure meets changing service needs whilst driving forward best value and best use from the estate.
- Develop and implement an effective communication programme for key stakeholders in relation to the property strategy including, but not limited to the Board and Executive, staff representatives including Trade Unions, staff forums and the wider workforce.
- Ensure partnership working with senior leaders from other Government Departments, particularly in the event of the client becoming the lead organisation in a Government Property Agency (GPA) hub.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders in order to ensure smooth delivery of the property transformation programme and overcome barriers to change.
- Deliver leadership and direction to the property contractors to ensure compliance with the property service commercial agreements and legislative, health, safety and environmental requirements for a new building.
- Lead on the creation and development, at frequencies to be determined with the Directors of Commercial, Facilities Management and Facilities, of accurate and meaningful management reports that measure the productivity of the Total Facilities Management (TFM) service provider including equipment reliability, failure trends, improvement recommendations and spend against budget.
- Communicate corporate and business unit requirements to third-party service providers, negotiate service level agreements and ensure delivery of plans that deliver tangible improvements.
- Manage and oversee agreed annual budgets for the property provision.
You will be an experienced leader of estates delivery and transformation programmes, with a complete understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of providing oversight to complex projects. You will bring a proven leadership capability, with the necessary gravitas and expertise to manage a geographically dispersed team and will be comfortable and credible engaging with senior stakeholders both within government and within specialist consultancy and contracting organisations
The opportunity to join the organisation is such an exciting growing phase and be a part of their Future programme