Aura Power is a leading global developer of renewable energy projects, founded in 2013 and headquartered in Bristol, UK. We develop large-scale solar and battery storage projects in the UK, Canada, the USA, Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Lithuania.
We work closely with landowners and local stakeholders to develop our sites to the highest standards. Our projects are delivered with local knowledge and expertise and offer benefits to the local communities as well as including measures to enhance the natural environment.
By focusing on best-in-class development processes and technology we have delivered a truly scalable development model. Our team prides itself on managing and developing the highest quality solar and battery storage projects globally.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Land UK to join our UK development team and lead our solar and battery storage land acquisition related work across the UK.
This will be a varied role, ideal for someone with experience in land acquisition and looking to build a career in the renewable energy sector.
You will be based in Aura Power's Bristol office, with the option for flexible/remote working. We envisage the role being full-time but will consider part-time or job-share applications on a case-by-case basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate the acquisition of land for solar and energy storage projects Liaise with landowners, land agents and other key stakeholders Build and manage a network of trusted introducers and contacts Support junior staff with site visits and land agreements such as Heads of Terms Work closely with our legal advisors to complete Option and Lease agreements Negotiate and complete way leaves and other ancillary land agreements Help unblock issues surrounding complex land agreements and negotiations Help develop land-related strategy and business practices Draft appraisals and provide verbal briefings to the UK Development team Facilitate communication and land-related requests between internal teams Liaise, appoint and review outputs of external consultants Review key documents such as Reports on Title prior to completion
Key Attributes and Experience
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. surveying or land/estate management) (E) Completed a RICS accredited course (D) Extensive experience negotiating Heads of Terms, Options and Lease agreements (E) Solid understanding of commercial activities in relation to property and land law (E) Familiarity with the requirement funders have in relation to land agreements (D) Knowledge of rural property issues such as crop loss claims (D) Experience in renewable energy and/or large infrastructure projects (D) An excellent standard of verbal and written communication skills (E) Ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure and with minimal supervision (E) Demonstrable project management experience (D) A proven ability to review and write reports (E) Experience using Google Sheets and other GSuite applications (D) Experience with Google Earth (D) Fluent in English (E) and knowledge of other European languages (D) A UK driving licence (E) Ability and willingness to travel around the UK (E) and occasional international travel (D) An existing right to live and work in the UK (E)
(E = Essential and D = Desirable)
Salary: up to £100,00 FTE depending on experience
- Our company runs salary sacrifice schemes for both bicycles and EV cars.
- We offer 33 days per year paid leave for full-time positions.
- We run a benefits and rewards platform that includes discounts to well-known retailers, online well-being resources, and more.
- Our recently refurbished office is in a beautiful, central location in Bristol and has bike storage, shower rooms, and a small gym room.
To apply, please send a CV (maximum of two pages) and a cover letter (maximum of one page) detailing your motivation, skills, and experience to email@example.com. Please include your name and the job title in the subject line (i.e. Jim Smith - Head of Land UK).