Senior Quantity Surveyor
£40,000 - £50,000 (Negotiable Depending on Experience)
Working independently to undertake a range of pre- or post-Contract quantity surveying activities in line with plans and proposals agreed by senior management. Recognised expertise in specific areas of work with a well-rounded knowledge of pre- and post- contract quantity surveying requirements. Supporting junior staff in their professional development. Identifying issues which may impact on the quality of service being provided, promptly notifying senior management, and actively engaging in the development of corrective actions.
- Undertaking and supervising measurement, the production of Bills of Quantities and associated preamble notes in accordance with standard methods of measurement relevant to your sector, e.g. MMHW, CESMM, NRM, etc.
- Understanding obligations, checks on Bills of Quantities and associated documentation prepared by others
- Codifying measured works items to prescribed cost and work breakdown structures and the like
- Understanding of cost data and other records, including taking actions to address source data errors, omissions and inconsistencies
- Preparation of estimates and cost reports including the collation of supporting documentation
- Production of tender documentation, supporting the tender process including financial assessment the preparation of Tender Reports to the client with appropriate supporting documentation
- Supporting integrated teams in the timely delivery of commercial management and assurance deliverables
- Assisting senior team members with the legal and contractual issues on projects
- Document management and control, including the maintenance of registers and schedules
- Working to and measuring performance against budgets and timescales as agreed from time to time with senior managers
- Attending client meetings and presenting findings including obtaining feedback and making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Supporting and working collaboratively with the wider team, including supervision of trainees and assistant quantity surveyors who may be working closely with you
- Attending client engagement events
- Satisfactorily undertake all other reasonable tasks assigned to you by the business
- Degree educated (min 2.1 or equivalent), together with demonstrable relevant experience gained within a similar role
- Preferably Member of RICS or similar recognised body
- Experience of the commercial management and contract administration processes, particularly those related to cost management, payment, variations, change management and final account settlement.
- Demonstrate an understanding or previous experience in- civil engineering or construction
- Experience of alternative procurement and contract strategies relevant to sector and relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Thorough understanding of practical application of standard forms of contract relevant to sector.
- Competent IT skills – proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel essential)
- Analytical thinking with proven track record of problem solving to deliver successful outcomes in line with client objectives.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – with the ability to contribute effectively both orally and in writing
- Good organisational skills – with the ability to work independently and manage competing deadlines
- Strong team working skills – proactive team member and willing to support junior members of the team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident and innovative in your approach – able to be proactive and suggest and make recommendations for improvement
- Committed and focused to develop knowledge and skills and achieve further success within the profession, including attainment of professional qualifications (MRICS or similar)
What you will get in return:
- 37.5 hours – Monday to Friday each week – hybrid working of 3 days office, 2 at home 25 days paid holiday per holiday year plus public holidays. Company car allowance Automatic Enrolment into pension scheme (subject to eligibility) after 3 months continuous employment Private Healthcare Insurance Life Assurance benefit Scheme Enrolled onto GIP Scheme