I am working with a well known Public Sector and Government organisation who are looking to add a Senior Planning Officer to their team.
My client is a well known Public Sector and Government Organisation based in the heart of Gloucestershire. They pride themselves on offering genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work life balance.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Planning Officer will be:
- Take ownership of formulating new Local Plan policy, options and consultation approaches relating to employment land
- required to formulate and inform appropriate parts of a new spatial strategy, including options, potential site allocations and safeguarding proposals, preferred options and submission stages of our new Local Plan
- You will develop new strategic and non-strategic policies, for our new Local plan
The Successful Senior Planning Officer will be / have:
- It is essential, that you are educated to degree level or equivalent in Town Planning or a related subject
- We require you to demonstrate considerable relevant experience in planning practice
- You will be eligible for membership of Royal Town Planning Institute or be able to work towards membership
- You must have a clear understanding of planning policy and legislation as it relates to Local Plan making
On offer to the successful candidate is:
- a starting salary of £38,500
- genuine flexibility to help achieve real work life balance
- opportunity to join the lucrative LGPS (Local government Pension Scheme)