Are you reading to work for a firm who will facilitate your progression to Director? Have you hit the ceiling in your current role wondering where do you go from here? Are you interested in working for people who believe in you and will stop at nothing to progress you and your career? Apply below!
An industry leading consultancy firm are seeking a Senior Cost Manager to join their established infrastructure team in London. You will work within the project team on multiple projects in the rail, infrastructure and transport sectors and support/advise on all commercial issues within projects!
Responsibilities of the Senior Cost Manager:
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events and final accounts.
- Preparation and management of claims including extensions of time.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Management of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation
- Engagement and management of subcontractors and subconsultants.
- Administration of subcontractor/subconsultant accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation
- Ensure the correct project records are maintained to substantiate claims and change notifications.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained
Requirements of the Senior Cost Manager:
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor or working towards becoming chartered
- Fully conversant in NEC contracts
- Pre contract experience
- Exposure to the Rail / Civils / Infrastructure environment with a recognisable organisation
- Previous experience working for a consultancy firm
Benefits for the Senior Cost Manager:
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Great exposure and opportunity to work on high profile projects
- Very competitive salary and benefits package