Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Estate Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
The Althorp Estate
The Althorp Estate extends to c.13,500 acres and comprises three main Estates:
Althorp, Northamptonshire 8,500 acres North Creake, North Norfolk 2,900 acres Wormleighton, Warwickshire 2,150 acres
Charles, Ninth Earl Spencer has been in charge for 29 of the House’s 500-year history but has striven in that time to make a positive difference, by taking an uncompromising approach to the continuing wellbeing of Althorp.
The Estate’s land and property-based enterprises include residential and commercial property, planning and development, farming, forestry and shooting amongst others. It contains 240 residential properties, many of which are listed and require sympathetic, quality refurbishments on a cyclical basis. See www.spencerofalthorp.com for further publicly available information.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading projects from inception through to completion, ensuring the highest standards are achieved within time and cost constraints. Projects are estate wide, including sympathetic renovations to the Grade 1 listed Althorp House, and an innate understanding of conservation and listed buildings is a pre-requisite.
In addition to managing projects, the individual will assist Althorp Estate’s drive towards excellence, contributing to standards and processes including:
- Supply chain evaluation, benchmarking and management
- Definition and implementation of estate wide key performance indicators
- Challenge existing processes and systems, using creativity and innovation to create best practice policies and procedures
- Planning and development of project briefs Selection, appointment and management of consultant Architects, Engineers, QS and other consultants Preparation of specifications, schedules of work, sketch plans and working drawings Close collaboration with internal stakeholders including the Spencer family Management of the tender process Liaison with external stakeholders (local authority/ Historic England etc) to obtain necessary statutory consents Appointment of contractors Site supervision and quality control through to completion, settlement of final accounts and handover Assist in the organisation of planned and reactive maintenance work at key operational and family occupied properties
Essential Experience and Attributes
- Construction related degree Strong understanding of, and passion for, property and construction Excellent verbal and written communication skills Must be self-motivated and flexible relative to work assignments Minimum 5 years’ building surveying/project management experience Experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost-efficiency Strong understanding / experience of commercial, residential and heritage/listed property
For more information, or a confidential discussion, please contact Ed Hoad: 07502 397979 | email@example.com