Project Quantity Surveyor (Work-from-Home)
Location: Work-from-Home, with occasional travel to construction sites and Breathe’s Northern office in Leeds)
Breathe provide sustainable carbon and energy reduction solutions to help our customers transition to net zero. We do this through the design and construction of large-scale infrastructure renewal and renewables projects that reduce carbon and energy use as well as providing operating cost savings and improved building environments for our clients. Our approach is focused on thoroughly understanding client needs and drivers and utilising our expertise in project development, in-house engineering and programme delivery, to build tailored solutions that deliver true benefit.
Breathe is part of Imtech, who are jointly owned by EDF Energy and Dalkia, and one of the UK’s leading technical services engineering businesses.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus performance bonus
- Pension and healthcare plans
- Training and mentorship
- A culture of empowerment and people development
- An exciting sector, leading the UK’s decarbonisation charge
- Part of a leading Group of companies, including EDF, Dalkia and Imtech
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Post-award cost management duties including CVRs and CTC forecasts
- Assisting the business in achieving the target gross margin on each allocated project
- Contract administration including change control, variations, payment applications, progress reporting and final accounts
- Working closely with the site operational management teams to maximise commercial understanding, efficiency, and opportunities as they arise on site
- Conducting tender exercises and evaluations for the purpose of subcontractor appointments and data capture for benchmarking and future cost plans
- Other typical roles and responsibilities expected of a well-rounded QS
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Formal qualification in Quantity Surveying (BSc, MSc, HND or other recognised vocational routes)
- Experience in administering multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC and JCT suites
- Output and deadline driven
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and stakeholders.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driver’s license
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
Would be advantageous, but not necessary:
- MRICS, or working towards it
- Experience of MEP, Power and or Energy capital projects experience Knowledge of energy performance frameworks including Refit, ETL and the Carbon Energy Fund
- Knowledge of P2P systems like Navision, Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Knowledge of contract management software systems like Spyro or Cemar
Breathe is an Equal Opportunity and family friendly Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We hire, train, promote & compensate without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. Employment is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
All of our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.