Associate Building Surveyor
Salary: Generous salary + benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you looking for a SCBS/Associate position within a leading international, independent real estate consultancy with an all together different approach?
We are looking for an experienced, efficient, and enthusiastic SCBS/Associate to join us in Ashford after another fantastic year across our real estate sectors. Due to exponential growth, we need a strong SCBS/Associate to take ownership of project leads, develop a team of graduate surveyors and grow the Hollis brand across new and existing surveying services.
As a result of Hollis’ desire to continue expanding our surveying team, we have created this new role within our Ashford office. This opportunity would be a great step up for a hungry Senior Chartered Building Survey or existing Associate who wants to build a bigger, brighter business for us across London, Kent and East Sussex.
This role is also open to part-time candidates happy to work a minimum of 22.5-30 hours per week (three/four days).
- Working closely alongside our Director to deliver surveys (locally and in London) and dilapidations work
- Acting as Project Lead in delivering refurbishment projects for project in the Ashford Office area (Kent and part of East Sussex)
- Line management of graduates within the Ashford office, mentoring and delegating work to improve their skills and support them to take on workloads effectively
- Actively develop the Hollis Brand and project services locally to reach new business, build a network of clients/stakeholders and play a key part in growing our Ashford office
- Hitting the ground running in service delivery including TDD, surveys, dilapidations and residential refurbishments
- Taking ownership of your service and being accountable for project delivery
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge in refurbishment projects, technical due diligence, and dilapidations
- MRICS or aspiring MRICS advantageous
- Ambitious and driven with an interest in supporting the growth of the team across the area
- Excellent communication skills, report writing abilities and confident with presenting ideas and feedback
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- An employee-owned business who directly benefit from its success through dividends
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, and more
- Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights, and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.