Lands & Survey Department
Salary: CI $62,508 - $84,036 per annum
The postholder will assist the Chief Valuation Officer in the provision of a comprehensive property valuation and estate management service to the Government that includes acquisitions, sales, leasing and management of the Crown Estate across the three Islands, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out valuations for all Government purposes, including the assessment of Stamp Duty, Asset Management and insurance purposes.
- Negotiating acquisitions and disposals of property.
- Estimating and negotiating compensation claims compulsory acquisition of properties for road construction purposes.
- Providing professional advice on all Landlord & Tenant matters.
- General Management of the Crown Estate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Valuation/Estate Management (or equivalent) from an RICS accredited university, or equivalent and be a Professional Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent, with qualification in Valuation (General Practice).
A minimum of 3 years of relevant post-degree experience in a broad spectrum of professional work. Knowledge of applicable Acts and other statutes impacting the Valuation and Estates Office. A good working knowledge of compensation principles and the implementation of the same is preferred.
The postholder should be strongly computer literate in the MS Suite of products and possess a full clean driving licence valid for driving in the Cayman Islands.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
To apply, please visit our Careers portal at:
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
18th OCTOBER, 2022