Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Canary Wharf, Cardiff, Carmarthen, Colchester, Croydon, Durham, Eastbourne, Edinburgh, Exeter, Folkestone, Glasgow, Hull, Inverness, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Plymouth, Preston, Sheffield, Southampton, St Austell, Stoke-On-Trent, Swansea, Wrexham
Do you have a passion for public and customer services and want to make a difference? If so, we would like to hear from you.
VOA values property for tax purposes. These taxes fund vital public services like schools, hospitals and welfare so you would be making a real difference to peoples’ lives.
We are an executive agency of HMRC with around 4,000 people and currently need Chartered Valuation Surveyors to support our business need.
Are you an MRICS/FRICS qualified surveyor in the valuation or real estate pathway, or due to qualify as MRICS in Session 2 2022? If you have a strong skill-set in providing great quality customer service, making effective decisions and delivering at pace we are looking for YOU.
We require dedicated and knowledgeable Chartered Surveyors to join the District Valuer Services (DVS) Team. VOA DVS operates on a commercial basis, in competition with the private sector in all but our National Taxation business sector, providing a wide range of advice across all aspects of the public sector.
DVS is organised into 5 sectors: National Taxation, Local & Devolved Government, Transport, Health and Central Government.
As a Chartered Valuation Surveyor in the District Valuer Services Team your role will encompass the following:
- You will be responsible for providing technical valuation and property advice to clients across the above 5 sectors.
- You will deal with an individual caseload and be responsible for delivering quality work to meet the needs of your clients.
- You will be involved in marketing sector specific services and be responsible for maintaining and developing client relationships.
- You will be expected to provide quotes to the client, accurately record time spent on cases for charging purposes and delivery.
- You will be fully supported with a clear learning and development plan and will receive structured support and training from our team of professional experts.
- You will support and develop our pipeline of trainee surveyors and oversee them through their APC and coaching peers.
- You will enjoy a varied role that includes regular property inspections and travel.
- MRICS / FRICS in either Valuation or Real Estate pathway.
- We will also consider applicants due to qualify as MRICS in Session 2 2022.
- Full driving licence. (Some sites are difficult to access via public transport and therefore a full UK Driving Licence is deemed essential to the role. However, if you are considered disabled under the Equality Act 2010 and do not hold a full driving licence, we will consider your application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your details to discuss this further.)
- Willingness to travel, some overnight stays may be required.
- Willingness to be flexible on work areas and undertaking work outside of their region
- The candidate must be eligible to join the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme (VRS), criteria as determined by the RICS is as follows:
- General commercial awareness
- Experience of mentoring and developing others in property related matters
- A willingness to work in the niche agricultural sector, engaging with key stakeholders and understanding their needs.
Full MRICS Qualification. We will also consider applicants due to qualify as MRICS in Session 2 2022. Eligible to join the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme (VRS), criteria as determined by the RICS as per the following link: https://www.rics.org/globalassets/rics-website/media/upholding-professional-standards/regulation/rules-for-registration-of-schemes_2020.pdf
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Developing Self and Others
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- There will be a Technical element within the interview where you will be asked a series of questions to demonstrate your specific professional skills and knowledge related directly to the job role and context.
We offer a range of flexible working options, a generous leave allowance that starts at 25 days and goes up to 30 days after 5 years’ service and a pension scheme. Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks with full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 4 weeks at full pay.
The most popular parts of our reward package include:
- Pay – in the few years, we have increased both the minimum and maximum pay points for everyone in the VOA and implemented a new pay scale specifically for qualified surveyors.
- Pension - we make contributions to our colleagues’ Alpha pension equal to at least 26% of their salary.
- Working hours and location flexibility – everyone in the VOA has some opportunity to work from home, and we support a full range of flexible working options including part time, part year, compressed hours and job shares.
- Family friendly policies – including four weeks of paid paternity leave
- Personal support – we offer extensive special leave to help balance your life and work commitments, a variety of non-financial rewards (including a Cycle to Work scheme of up to £4000) and we work with professional providers to provide occupational health and full mental and physical wellbeing services.
Download the Employee Value Proposition for full details of the benefits of being a VOA employee at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/valuation-office-agency/about/recruitment
For further information and application details follow the 'Apply' button.