Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development, and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
At Faithful+Gould, we believe that, in today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions and is empowered to realize their full potential as important members of our team.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor that has managed the delivery of master planning and commercial Infrastructure developments alongside building strong client relationships within the London and South East region. Ideally, candidates should have experience of large, complex; residential /commercial office led masterplans and or infrastructure developments. The role will be based in our London office.
The successful candidate will:
- Draw upon a proven track record to lead projects for or on behalf of end users, local authorities and local or national developers.
- Continually strive to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise within the team.
- Help to develop new business opportunities, with the assistance of senior colleagues whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships.
Responsible for helping to grow the existing team and building long term, sustainable team relationships with our most important clients. You are expected to have:
- Leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering projects.
- Be the ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession, and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core expertise.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Have an up to date and developing knowledge of a range of building contract forms including JCT.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery.
- Ability to team build.
Growing and actively participating in a sector-focussed team:
- Expressly, an appropriate amount of high-quality experience required in master planning and Infrastructure projects, having worked on all aspects of quantity surveying/cost management in this sector.
Effective and efficient in the preparation of feasibility and pre-contract estimates:
- Effective and efficient transition of pre-contract through to post contract advice.
- Productive supervision of support team including adequate planning, monitoring and control.
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis in conjunction with senior grades.
- Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on own initiative in a client facing role.
- Ability to advise clients on strategic matters, key cost drivers, development costs and added value.
- Knowledge and understanding of overall construction costs.
- Experienced in client, consultant and contractor facing roles and working as a member of a busy team. Used to working to tight and ever-changing deadlines.
- Understanding of the London/South East; large, complex, residential/commercial office led Master planning and Infrastructure development market would be considered advantageous.
- Internal commercial management of projects.
- Full quantity surveying and cost management duties.
- Provision of pre contract feasibility and viability advice.
- To provide high quality cost advice on large, complex; residential/commercial office led Master planning and large Infrastructure developments.
- Increase our share of the client’s spend.
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations.
- Managing interfaces with design and construction teams.
- Guidance, care and mentoring of supporting staff, upskilling others, and providing career growth opportunity.
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction.
- Delivery projects to satisfaction of our clients on programme within the agreed cost and quality parameters.
- Proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of local or national clients.
- Chartered with RICS, CIOB, ICE, RIBA or similar.
- Assist in business development and/or account management activities.
- Participate in marketing and thought leadership campaigns.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured APC scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.