At Faithful+Gould, we drive projects of all shapes and sizes across a variety of sectors from Education, Residential, Commercial Property, Mission Critical, Central and Local Government and Corporate Real Estate. We create plans for and deliver some of the most complex buildings of our time. We take great pride in our work and the legacy we leave behind.
Together with this our flexible working arrangements, we’ll help you balance the challenges of delivering a quality client service whilst recognising your need to make the most of life outside the office. You’ll be at the heart of a diverse team, sharing knowledge and becoming a trusted advisor. Are you ready to take on your biggest project yet?
Our Project Managers transform potential into reality. They manage every aspect of the project lifecycle from bid stage to delivery, to help our customers deliver controlled change, enrich lives and transform their businesses.
Join us as a Project Manager and you’ll have the opportunity to look after a wide range of world-class, multidisciplinary projects. You’ll build strong customer relationships, maintain high safety standards, control costs, manage risks and provide regular updates. And you’ll lead high performing design and delivery teams to always deliver on time, to budget and beyond expectations.
As a Project Manager, you will be a key part of the Tunbridge Wells Project Management Service Line. We are looking for a focused, collaborative, motivated, detail oriented individual to provide effective delivery of project management services regionally. This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients.
- Taking ownership for successful project delivery,
- Providing leadership and direction to the team, managing design and construction teams, effectively communicating with all parties,
- Build successful working relationships with both public and private sector Clients,
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings,
- Understanding the Clients' programme and project objectives,
- Providing good quality project management reporting on service delivery, to support the planning of operational work, inform business and Client decisions,
- Managing the Client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues,
- Having an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the project work,
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies,
- Building on their understanding of Faithful+Gould's service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to Clients,
- Assisting with developing new business opportunities,
- Assisting with generating repeat business,
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities,
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside their own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives,
- Consciously monitoring how they interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Member of a professional body (e.g. RICS, CIOB or equivalent recognised institutional body),
- Previous experience in working for a Project Management Consultancy,
- Experience in JCT and/or NEC contract administration is essential,
- Highly motivated, able to work independently, diligent and with an eye for detail,
- Experience in delivering a range of building projects from inception to completion,
- Client facing experience, including working with Clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues,
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software,
- Sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry,
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and Clients,
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.