Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
At Faithful+Gould, we believe that, in today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions and is empowered to realize their full potential as important members of our team.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager with experience managing the delivery of projects in the Education, ideally inception through to completion and with experience working in the role of Technical Advisor on behalf of the Department for Education (DfE). The role will require a good understanding of contract administration pre and post construction phase and a familiarity with DfE processes.
We have numerous opportunities throughout the UK with the team being centrally managed from our Northern and Southern Hub. This provides flexibility based on candidates’ preference on which office they report into and F+G’s promotion of agile working.
The successful candidate will:
- Draw upon a proven track record to lead projects within their experience sector or sectors.
- Continually strive to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise within the team.
- Help to develop new business opportunities, with the assistance of senior colleagues whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships.
- Candidates are expected to come from either project management, employer’s agent or development management backgrounds.
Reporting into the lead TA and/or programme directors for Faithful+Gould’s DfE Management team, you will be responsible for supporting the growth of long term, sustainable team relationships with our project delivery teams and clients contacts. You are expected to have:
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering projects, including pre and post project stages.
- Be the ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession, and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core expertise.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Working knowledge and familiarity of the DfE’s TA Scope of Service and the Output Specification for Schools.
- Have an up to date and developing knowledge of a range of building contract forms including JCT and NEC.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management. Conducting Project Health Checks and ensuring our deliverables are consistent with client expectations.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery.
- Ability to work as a team and support the development of our junior team members.
- Enhance the reputation of our business.
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations.
- Managing interfaces with design and construction teams.
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity.
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction.
- Delivery of projects to satisfaction of our clients, on programme, within the agreed cost and quality parameters.
- Proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of local or national clients.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership with RICS, CIOB, RIBA or similar.
- Assist in business development.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.