Here at Faithful+Gould, we are committed to building careers and not just creating jobs. Our highly skilled people form the cornerstone of our business, enabling us to consistently deliver high quality experiences to Clients that has earned us a reputation for project and programme excellence within the construction industry. We work across a wide variety of sectors, including many high-profile projects, and are represented at both a local and international level.
Individual skills, expertise, and knowledge matter to us, and we understand that everyone is different; it is these differences that enhance our strength in delivery, increase our team resilience and help us to develop even stronger Client relationships. That means you’ll be trusted with more responsibility at a faster pace, and you’ll be supported to develop in a way that works for you. And wherever your career leads, you’ll play a key role in helping the world to keep moving forward.
In addition, we value a good work-life balance and offer a flexible working environment to best achieve this, whilst delivering projects that have a positive, sustainable impact on the world around us. If this sounds attractive and you would like to be part of our agile and forward-thinking business, please see if the following role for Senior Project Manager would be of interest to you:
Due to continued growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager’s for our London and Epsom offices with extensive experience managing the delivery of commercial property projects. The candidate would have worked in this sector on projects (ideally from inception through to completion) and building strong client relationships within the region. Candidates should ideally have experience of commercial property construction projects in excess of £20m, including tall buildings.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a confident individual to lead on a wide range of commercial property projects, has the ability to build long-term relationships with world class clients and can aid building our presence within this sector. The role will be based in our London and South East region.
- The ability to take a leading role on project delivery, with advisory support from senior colleagues.
- Managing the consultant team and monitoring programme through all RIBA stages to ensure successful project delivery.
- Establish and maintaining a good client relationship.
- Providing guidance and technical advice where appropriate to clients, consultants and colleagues.
- Preparing fee proposals, bid submissions and have an in-depth knowledge of how to financially manage a project.
- Helping your clients define their programme and project objectives and effectively managing them throughout the project duration.
- Providing excellent quality and consistent project management reporting.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis.
- Manage the project team internally including resource management and wellbeing.
- Having an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the project work.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Building on their understanding of Faithful+Gould's service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Assisting with developing new business opportunities as well as generating repeat business.
- Contributing towards/leading on project governance and fee management activities.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside their own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Constantly pursue performance improvements.
The successful candidate will bring:
- A relevant construction qualification or ample experience within the construction industry.
- A fully chartered member of a professional body (i.e. RICS, APM, CIOB or equivalent recognised institutional body).
- Ability to oversee a team on a commissions/projects/programme.
- Experience in delivering a range of commercial property projects from inception to completion.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis.
- Strong experience in JCT and/or NEC contract administration.
- Managing other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software.
- Sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Experience with supporting other individuals through the same chartership process as they experienced.
Faithful+Gould strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity (Click here to learn more). We welcome and encourage candidates who are passionate and enthusiastic for this industry to apply, even if they feel they may not meet the required level of experience described in this vacancy, as you could be considered for other exciting opportunities within our ever-expanding teams.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.