Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
At Faithful+Gould, we believe that, in today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions and is empowered to realize their full potential as important members of our team.
Due to an increase in the number of opportunities in the Public Sector of a technical nature and our increasing opportunities in Central Government, Faithful+Gould is looking for an Associate Director in the Project Management team with experience of: -
- Delivering projects for Local Authorities delivering large complex projects including district energy networks
- Delivering projects for Central Government
- Delivery of projects of where building services plays a large part such as replacements and upgrades of critical systems often in operational working environments where business continuity is key for our clients
The successful candidate will work closely with the Mission Critical Sector Lead in our new London offices and will play a permanent role supporting growth and raising our profile utilising their own profile and industry contacts to further increase the Faithful+Gould presence in the market.
- Project leadership
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering portfolios and projects relating to Mission Critical
- Be the ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Technical leadership
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery
- Team building and management
- Growing and managing sector-focussed team
- Mentoring and developing your team.
- Account management
- Support the Sector Lead with account management
- Enhance the reputation of our business
- Increase our share of the client’s spend
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations
- Leading interfaces with design and engineering elements of our business
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction
- Take the lead as Project Manager for Public Sector / Mission Critical projects
- Support Business Development opportunities, author Thought Leadership articles and lead bidding opportunities
- Continually strive to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise of the team
- Help to develop new business opportunities whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships
Skills Sought in Individuals:
- Proven track record to lead projects of a Public Sector / Mission Critical nature
- A relevant degree-level construction qualification and a member of a recognised professional institution
- A demonstratable experience of engineering projects
- A demonstratable experience of delivering projects at all stages including pre-construction through to hand over
- Commercial experience and the ability to administer different types of building contracts
- An understanding of mechanical and electrical systems, and have an appreciation of industry standards
- Possess excellent communication, stakeholder and organisational skills
- Appreciation of sector trends and maintain an active interest in standards and technological advances
- An understanding of engineering standards and construction methods
- A good level of IT literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite plus preferably MS Project or equivalent programming tool
- An interest in contributing to business development activities
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently in a pro-active manner
- Foster the company ethos through positive, professional and collaborative behaviour
- Be able to provide driving license / passport or other proof of identification in order to successfully pass the security requirements of our clients
- Will be able to travel (if required) to various project locations and accommodate occasional demanding workload to meet client deadlines
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.