What does it mean to be part of Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors?
Prinsegate is an award-winning firm of Charted Surveyors as members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) with years of experience in property surveying. Our team of RICS-certified surveyors operates out of our registered 64 offices throughout the United Kingdom. As the lifeblood of the company, we are committed to you, your success, and the other talented people who make Prinsegate a great place to work.
As a member of our Building Surveyors team, you will carry out and/or supervise building surveys (inspections) and deliver expert advice to our clients to ensure their investments are protected. Our team members are from different backgrounds and are trained in a variety of disciplines, but we all share the same values in providing a service to be proud of.
We offer training for candidates who have little or no experience in this area in addition to an APC program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- contributing to further growth of the surveying services / team
- supervising inspections and creating/reviewing building survey reports
- acting as party wall surveyor and following the procedures under the Party Wall etc. Act (1996)
- drafting valuation reports for residential and commercial properties
- undertaking project management
Knowledge / Experience Required
We require building surveyors who are accredited as AssocRICS or MRICS, although we will also consider those who are not. If you are not accredited, you must have a (building surveying-related) RICS-accredited degree or SAVA certificate or are near to obtaining one. Knowledge, experience and other qualities should include but are not limited to the following:
- understanding construction methods, good workmanship and how to fix defects
- party wall advice or valuation (Red Book)
- cost estimating
- project management (not compulsory)
- positive can-do attitude
- team player
- ambitious and eager to learn
- must have good organisational skills, excellent spoken and written Standard English, and a friendly and professional attitude
- must be capable of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- minimum 3-4 years’ experience
You must have a car and a relatively clean driving licence.
- this role offers a competitive market salary
- 20 days plus 8 bank holiday days paid (28 days in total)
- private healthcare
- private dental plan
- life insurance with critical illness cover
- private pension with consultant wealth manager
- progression opportunities as the department continues to grow successfully
We offer part-time options with flexible working; hours are generally 9.00am – 17.30pm. You may occasionally work slightly longer hours, particularly if you are out meeting and socialising with clients at property-related events
We reward staff with bonuses, commission and share options.
There is serious prospect of growth and career development within our company. We are a high growth SME and friendly team in a bright and modern office.
About Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors
Established in 2014 by Nicholas Prinse, Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors pride themselves on maintaining professional standards, whilst delivering cost effective and efficient solutions to their clients. Covering all across the UK, our team undertake all manner of residential and commercial property management matters, including; sales and acquisitions for both owner-occupiers and investors, building/structural surveys, party wall agreements, end to end property project management & consultancy services.
Prinsegate is underpinned by a team of specialists who are ready to assist with your immediate needs or help you to formulate a longer-term strategy. Minimising costs & helping you to maximise your investments potential.
Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors are active members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT), the Chartered association of Building Engineers (CABE), the Society of Environmental Engineers (SEE), The International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI), the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS), The Property Ombudsman (TPO) and a Chartered Building Consultancy (CIOB).
For additional information on Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors, please visit https://www.prinsegate.com/career-opportunities/
Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.