Health & Safety/ Security/ Events/ NEBOSH/ Glasgow
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with a well known charity to assist them in recruiting Safety and Security Managers who will work as part of Glasgow's 2023 UCI Cycle World Championships team. This is a fixed term contract and will begin asap and end in September 2023.
Your new role
Working to the Safety, Security & Medical Team Manager, this role is key to the delivery of a safe and successful event. The Safety, Security and Medical Manager will play a lead role on all aspects of Health and Safety, Security, Medical and Licensing across the World Championships, including sports competition and non-sport provision.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ability, knowledge and experience to be able to provide current professional health and safety advice and guidance on issues relating to event safety.
- An understanding and experience of the delivery of Safety, Security and Medical Management functions within a major multi-sport event environment.
- Experience of working in a dynamic and fast paced major events environment from planning through to event delivery.
- Strong skills in project management and issue resolution.
- The ability to undertake on venue duties in a specific venue or cluster of venues, providing support in all Safety, Security and Medical related matters, acting as an escalation point for related issue resolution.
The successful candidate will have or be working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent whilst a Level 4 Spectator Safety Management qualification will be advantageous. They will also have knowledge of event health and safety legislation and regulation.
What you'll get in return
The salary for this role is between £36,000 - £42,000 depending on experience. You will also receive a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.