Your new company
Our client, a large infrastructure organisation, are looking to add a number of experienced Principal Engineers to their team due to an exciting new contract award. The contract award is for 5+ years, so this freelance assignment has the scope to be very long term (with the potential for a permanent role to those interested in this).
Your new role
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Principal Engineer who has a demonstrable record of the design and delivery of road safety improvement schemes. The successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, passionate about road safety and able to manage road safety and accident investigation and prevention related activities. You will have detailed knowledge and experience of the Safe System Approach to Road Safety, have a proactive approach and capable of developing road safety initiatives nationally and in the local area. With a committed workload, this opportunity will provide a unique chance to join a highly skilled team committed to the creation, design, and delivery of effective interventions to reduce road casualties and improve wellbeing across the country.
What you'll need to succeed
- A background specialising in road safety investigation and design
- Chartered Engineer MICE, MIHE, MCIHT, MIStructE or TPP
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering competent designs of road safety schemes, mass action plans, road markings and signage upgrades
- Extensive knowledge of DMRB, TSRGD, Cycling by Design, and Roads for All.
- Experienced Principal Designer with working knowledge of current CDM and H&S requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively deal with the ability to deal with complaints and finding a resolution
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work on a prestigious project stream - with a very competitive Daily Rate & the ability to work out of any of the organisations Hub Offices. The organisation also support flexible working around their core hours of 10-3pm and allow for a combination of home/office working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.