An Architectural & Project Management consultancy seeks a Project Manager to work on refurbishment and new store development projects in the retail sector. You will be working as a key partner to a major retail group, where you take the role as primary contact for them, taking responsibility for the ongoing relationship with this client, as well as cultivating this relationship to enable revenue growth for the business.
One key advantage with this client is that you will be working on your projects end to end, from feasibility through to handover, what this gives you is a large element of control and additionally an opportunity to work with the client to prioritise certain stores and deliver ahead of time, which will add significant value to both the process and the relationship.
It is envisaged that you will spend 1-2 days in the office with the balance from home or on-site / at clients offices. It is not necessary to live within an easy commute and consideration would be given to people located in the East Midlands, North West, Yorkshire and the South Midlands.
Financial Control and Design Management
- Scope and produce capex budgets for projects between £500k-£3m
- Oversee and advise on feasibility and scheme design drawings
- Responsible for the overseeing of the quality of drawing production
- Client Liaison and consultant management
Project Management Duties:
- Pro-active liaison with Clients and their representatives
- Liaison with internal team and in-house resource management
- Management of delivery team i.e. Architectural Technologists and Junior Project Managers
- Production and management of project programs and management of budget and expenditure reports
- Standardisation of project documentation, including specifications and pre-contract documents to meet clients needs
- Responsible for improving the service delivered across design and PM.
- Preparation and submission of statutory approvals, dealing with enquiries and obtaining consents
- Managing and supporting team with projects on site
- Any other duties or requirements of the company or clients
- Responsible for profit and loss on key accounts.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships to grow fee income
- Relevant experience in construction industry either for a consultant or in-house
- Strong Project Management skills
- A working appreciation of the technical design phase (AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit, 3D design etc)
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations
- Commercially focussed
- Degree in Construction or Architectural discipline (candidates without degree, but directly relevant experience would be considered)
- Full UK Driving licence
For an informal discussion about this please contact Andrew Pearson at EC Property Recruitment or apply for the role by sending your CV.