An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Capital Projects. OCL in one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK, which is part of the Oasis Global family.
Make your next career move to an organisation dedicated to transforming lives!
About Oasis Community Learning
Born of the global Oasis charity, we are one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. By joining our family of staff, you will be working alongside people dedicated to helping our students realise their potential. We wish to transform the lives of our communities and support our young people and staff through their journeys with Oasis.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented individual with the drive, ambition, and commitment to head the Capital Projects function for Oasis Community Learning. Th Head of Capital Projects will be responsible for developing and implementing OCL’s capital works strategy, and manage the delivery of capital works portfolio of projects across the 52 academies. They will lead and manage a small team of dedicated capital project managers to support the local delivery.
The role will be remote based (working from home) with the need for frequent travel to academies and external meetings across the UK as necessary for the effective delivery of the job. Travel expenses will be redeemable.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their career within Capital Projects and the education sector.
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a degree or post graduate qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management etc)
- Have a MRICS or equivalent building related qualifications, supported by significant experience, in a range of sectors.
- Have proven knowledge of construction related legislation
- Have significant experience across all construction disciplines: quantity and building surveying, cost management, contract management, procurement, project management.
- Direct experience of the range of construction related procurement options and contracts.
- Relevant experience of delivering minor works through to £multi-million new developments.
- Proven experience of building effective teams made up of in-house and contracted support.
- Experience of delivering a strategic capital planning function, able to prepare effective business cases.
- Ability to articulate to and influence key stakeholders on how sustainability practically impacts on clients, suppliers, communities and stakeholders
- Be aligned to the ethos and values of the organisation
- Hold a UK driving license
To view the full list of responsibilities and selection criteria please download the job description.
Benefits of joining Oasis Community Learning:
- A strong Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating work environment
- A competitive pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 days (plus 8 bank holiday days) per year, rising to 30 days (plus 8 bank holiday days) after 2 years of service
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Oasis Application Form and Equal Opportunity Form. Once complete, please return by email to email@example.com by no later than 9:00am 25/11/2022
Unfortunately, we cannot accept CVs alone as an application for this role - you must complete an Oasis Application Form for safeguarding purposes.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (20106) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Oasis Community Learning family is a multi-academy sponsor with the express purpose of transforming schools into community Hubs, through applying a holistic view of education.
For more information on Oasis Community Learning please visit: https://www.oasiscommunitylearning.org/
For an informal discussion or to request an application pack, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your completed Application and Equal Opportunities forms to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 25/11/2022
Interviews will take place on: TBC
Proposed start date: ASAP
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviors, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.