Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. We are working with clients to create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects.
Our Controls and Assurance Team master complexity by combining our tried and tested project controls approaches with creative thinking and technology, bringing our clients projects to life with maximum impact. We are expanding nationally, with many exciting opportunities across Energy, Infrastructure and Industrial clients, there has never been a better time to join.
Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for a Project Controls Engineer to join our highly successful team, based in our Leeds Office, supporting our clients in the North Region.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded individual to:
- Provide support to the Controls and Assurance team on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Interface with the programme manager, project managers, Quantity Surveyors, risk consultants and planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Ensure alignment of data between cost and other disciplines within project controls
- Ensure alignment of actual cost of work performed and financial actuals
- Review payment applications provided by contractors and suppliers against progress
- Support the project controls manager in the implementation and maintenance of the project controls processes for cost, schedule and risk
- Facilitate the trend and change process, including production of project change reports, analysis of cost impact and provision of feedback on areas of opportunity and risk
- Carry out assurance of client’s cost, e.g., estimates; cost to complete; actual cost of works performed; contractors forecast; etc.
- Produce monthly reports, resource updates and forecast, utilising software such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
To join us you’ll need/have:
- A recognized diploma or degree or be qualified by experience
- A member, or working towards being a member, of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, APM, ACostE or similar
- Experience in planning and scheduling in Primavera products
- Understanding of project controls methodologies and techniques
- Understanding of earned value analysis and supporting tools e.g., Prism, Cobra, etc.
- The ability to reconcile cost information, e.g., SAP, Oracle, Agresso, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Experience across either Energy, Infrastructure or Industrial sectors
- Experience of cost and programme in relation to contracts, e.g. NEC3/4; IChemE; FIDIC.
- Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer project advice.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
The right person:
- To do well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- An analytical thinker, you’ll also be able to show initiative and examples of creativity.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.