Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. We are working with clients to create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects.
Our Controls and Assurance Team master complexity by combining our tried and tested project controls approaches with creative thinking and technology, bringing our clients projects to life with maximum impact. We are expanding nationally, with many exciting opportunities across Energy, Infrastructure and Industrial clients, there has never been a better time to join.
Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for Quantity Surveyors to join our highly successful team, supporting our clients across the North Region, based in either our Leeds, Manchester, Warrington or Stockton-on-Tees offices.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded individual to:
- Provide support to the Controls and Assurance team on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Provide effective delivery of commercial management services across various sectors.
- Interface with the programme manager, project managers, risk consultants and planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Work closely with the Scheduling Team to ensure integration and alignment of cost and schedule.
- To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of ranging complexity.
- Support the project controls manager in the implementation and maintenance of the project controls processes for cost, including the production of monthly reports, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
- Assist in the accurate assessment of the completion estimate.
- Assist in the trend and change process, including production of project change reports, analysis of cost impact and provision of feedback on areas of opportunity and risk.
- Review acceptance and integration of cost estimates and forecasts provided by contractors and suppliers.
To join us you’ll need/have:
- A recognized diploma or degree or be qualified by experience.
- A member, or working towards being a member, of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, ACostE, ICES, AACE or similar.
- Understanding of cost management methodologies and techniques.
- Understanding of earned value analysis.
- The ability to reconcile cost information.
- Experience across either Energy, Infrastructure or Industrial sectors.
- Knowledge of estimating, scheduling and risk management techniques and associated software.
- Experience of contract administration, e.g. NEC3/4; IChemE; FIDIC.
- Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer project advice.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
The right person:
To do well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- An analytical thinker, you’ll also be able to show initiative and examples of creativity.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.