Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Asset Management Surveyor to join a Local Authority based in Hampshire.
The Local Authority hold a diverse portfolio of operational and investment property assets. Their Asset Management department is responsible for providing an efficient and professional asset management service; maximising income and maintaining asset values across the Council's property and land portfolio.
The team are now looking to appoint an experienced Asset Management Surveyor to replace a member of staff that is soon to retire. The role is being offered on a hybrid working basis, with an expectation to attend their Hampshire based offices 2 days a week.
Your new role
As the Asset Management Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing a professional asset management service across a portfolio of commercial and residential property. You will manage the performance of the portfolio, ensuring the maximisation of rental income and asset value is achieved.
Key Responsibilities include -
- Management of a varied property portfolio, whilst maximising income and asset values
- Negotiating rent reviews and and lease renewals
- Developing and maintaining a strategic management plans.
- Undertaking Asset Valuations for commercial and residential property
- Co-ordinate new lettings and asset disposals, including the appointment of external property consultants
- Provide advice on Right to Buy transactions
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- RICS Registered Valuer status is desirable
- Proven experience in property asset management
- Experience of negotiating lease renewals and reviews
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.