Development Surveyor To work with & support the Director of Development, the Group CEO, and senior management team, to deliver the programme of capital development projects.To represent the organisation, liaising with, leading & managing the work of a wide range of external professional advisors in the delivery of the capital programme.To represent the organisation's interest, & liaise with external stakeholders & regulatory authorities, as may be necessary for delivery of the development programme.To identify & implement project management methods & strategies appropriate for each of the projects.To establish management & reporting structures, systems & processes.To evaluate & report on project, costs, risks & programmes.To prepare & present reports on all aspects of the development programme, to the senior management team, & Governors as may be required.To ensure contractual obligations are met, & manage any contract disputes to mitigate the impact of potential issues & risk to United Colleges Group.To work collaboratively with management across the Group to develop the the organisation's Estates Strategy, & assist in identifying, analyzing & evaluating the current & future accommodation requirements.To ensure all statutory duties around procurement, health & safety and safeguarding are met.To deputize for & represent the Director of Development as required throughout the Development Programme.
Your new company
This is a great chance to join a large group of London's Colleges and get involved with a range of capital projects including new campus development worth over £120 million.
You'll be joining the Senior Management team and overseeing the delivery of our clients development programme.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a profession related to property construction, or property development with a record of continuous professional development.
- Project management qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- A proven track record of large Estates projects.
- A minimum of five years' proven experience in property development.
- Experience of managing delivery programmes and demonstrable understanding of the design process and the associated risks.
- Excellent understanding of the Estate and facilities required to support curriculum delivery in an FE College is desirable but not essential Experience of motivating, developing and managing the performance of effective, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Track record of effective stakeholder engagement, for example, with Funding partners, local authorities, employers, business forums, academic institutions, professional bodies, and government departments and agencies.
- Experience of working flexibly & supportively as part of a small team.
- Ability to manage specialist professionals & complex projects Knowledge of working with standard forms of contracts for both consultant & contractor appointments.
- Ability to develop & establish detailed delivery programmes which reflect the College's strategic objectives.
- Experience in understanding design, design coordination & risks associated with design.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to provide clear & concise reports.
- The ability & confidence to prepare & deliver presentations and reports to a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to inspire people to think and act innovatively and to challenge established ways of doing things Evaluate, appraise, and challenge design options Ability to communicate/liaise (verbally and in writing) effectively and sensitively with colleagues, managers, staff across the organisation, & with outside organisations.
- Proven organisational skills to ensure that the range & responsibilities of the post are undertaken effectively & efficiently. Ability to prioritise & manage a heavy/demanding workload. Experience of managing time effectively & working to tight deadlines.
- A good working knowledge of relevant software.
- Ability to cope with & respond positively to change.
Please note due to the nature of the organisation & role, an enhanced DBS will be mandatory.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.