- Our client is looking for a Senior Building Surveyor to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- Primarily dealing with reactive maintenance requests (often urgent) and being able to investigate, diagnose and effect the correct resolution of said, often complex, issues with the most appropriate solutions.
- Occasional preparation of fully costed scheme designs and programmes for completion of either singular or a programme of construction projects, including those of a more complex nature (up to an approx value of approx £1M), defining and developing briefs, works specifications and organisation of tenders through both in-house resource and external service providers, through to practical completion on site.
- Where appropriate to undertake effective commissioning of professional services, and management of consultants and contractors throughout the construction project process to practical completion for minor works construction projects (up to an approx value of approx £1M).
- Ensuring and authorising payment of invoices for the works, maintaining accurate records and supporting the monitoring of contractor performance. All contracts to be organised strictly in accordance with the Authority's Standing Orders & Financial Regulations.
- Developing strong relationships with building occupiers, including schools, and professionally advising on repairs and property maintenance, delegated repair items, Health & Safety and statutory compliance issues (including asbestos and legionella), through regular visits to premises and sites. Developing Property business from schools, including participation in service packages and management of self-financed schemes.
- Provision of professional property advice on the management of building maintenance, building regulations & related legislation, disabled access, energy and sustainability issues, and preservation/conservation of historic buildings.
- Advising on the negotiation of dilapidations, boundary and rights of light disputes, and party wall procedures in co-ordination with the Strategic Asset Management team. Being able to carry out building condition surveys as and when required.
- To maintain accurate property records on the Authority's central property database (K2) including project details, up-to-date floor plans and maintenance records.
- To assist in dealing with emergency situations on Authority premises as and when required under direction of the Head of Property Services, and/or the Reactive Maintenance & Contracts Manager.
Working conditions / environment:
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Site visits if and when required
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- Laptop will be provided.
- The rate is dependent on candidate experience
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Adam Good directly on 01489898881
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Technical Public Sector Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively, if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Building Control industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.