An energetic UK based Chartered Building Surveyor with at least 5 years post qualification experience in the UK is invited to join our busy North London private practice.
The practice undertakes a wide range of interesting and challenging instructions throughout Greater London and the London Home Counties and sometimes further afield.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a very competitive salary, with other benefits and holiday package provided commensurate with experience.
The candidate be able to provide the following:
- Minimum 5 years UK post-qualification experience
- MRICS or higher
- Attending CPD to achieve a minimum of 20 hours per year of continued professional development
- Party Wall Etc. Act 1996 administration
- Preparing Schedules of Dilapidations or advising tenant clients who have received Schedules of Dilapidations
- Undertaking Full Building Surveys of residential and commercial property (Level 3 and below)
- Inspecting property and the preparation of defect diagnostic reports
- Surveying and preparing Schedules of Condition
- Act as the Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent on various building types, utilising all standard forms of construction and assuming full responsibility for the following:
- Attending site and publishing inspection reports
- Be capable of undertaking measured surveys and preparation of existing layouts
- Preparation of planning supporting documents of planning applications and correspondence/documents objecting to planning applications (where clients require this service)
- To liaise with the Client to plan and advise on projects for repair, remodelling, extension, etc., including initial appraisal and feasibility reports
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of outline design proposals, including preparation of budget costs
- Be capable of preparing CAD construction working drawings sufficient for the construction of the project
- Submit applications for statutory approvals, including Planning, Listed Building Consent and Building Control Approval, etc
- Prepare specifications and schedules of work
- Prepare Employer's Requirements for Design and Build purposes
- Seek tenders, prepare tender analysis tender reports
- Preparation of contract documents