Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a highly experienced Chartered Valuation Surveyor to manage and lead an in-house team of Surveyors and Property professionals, working on behalf of leading Financial Services group.
The group are a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on sub-segments of the mortgage market such as Buy-to-Let, Residential (including Help to Buy and shared ownership), complex commercial and semi-commercial, development finance, bridging and asset finance.
The group's property department are responsible for providing an in-house valuation advisory, risk and quality assurance service to the wider business and it's customers. The department are now looking to appoint a highly experienced Chartered Valuation Surveyor to lead and manage a team, ensuring the highest level of service is delivered. The role will based from their Hampshire based office, with some hybrid working available. However, as this is a leadership position, more office presence will be required than not.
Your new role
As the Valuation Manager, you will be responsible for the operational management and leadership a team of 6 property professionals. Reporting in to the Head of Real Estate, you will have overall responsibility and be the key point of contact for all real estate advisory matters, providing strategic direction on loan servicing and mitigation of risk against the group's lending profile.
Key responsibilities may include -
- Full operational line management of a team of 6 including mentorship, performance and professional development.
- To be the primary point of contact for business stakeholders on all Real Estate matters relating to delivery of operational support and consultancy advice
- Identify opportunities to enhance processes around core and repetitive tasks whilst maintaining the bank's risk standards.
- To manage the Real Estate response to meeting the bank's regulatory obligations in respect to portfolio landlords and high exposure loans.
- From consultancy and QA tasks, identify reoccurring themes and topics and implement a strategy to reduce referral volumes via solutions at source, training or alternative reference material;
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and own compliance training;
- Ensure that you and your team fully understand and comply with the organisation's Risk Management Policies
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Significant experience and an understanding of commercial and residential property valuation
- Demonstrable experience of managing and leading a professional team / department
- Desirably hold experience of working within the financial services sector
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent levels of communication
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.