Peace Recruitment's new client, a multi-disciplinary practice that work across numerous sectors such as Insurance , Residential, industrial, Historic and Retail are looking to strengthen their Building Surveying team in the West of Scotland, this comes as a result of a huge influx of work.
This is an immediate opportunity for a Building Surveying graduate to work alongside the close-knit Glasgow surveying team. Your projects will be focused in the West of Scotland however with offices across the UK you must be open to occasional travel.
Working alongside a senior colleague will give the best opportunity to learn, you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
The Building Surveyor role on offer can be varied and is dependent on the client, sector and project they are working for as well as the team for which you will be working. Ideally you will be looking to join a company where you can become embedded and progress during a period of positive growth.
General Building Surveying duties are listed below and will be provided as far as practicable to ensure breadth of knowledge for gaining successful Chartership through the RICS APC programme.
- Cladding remediation Specific Defect surveys Schedule of conditions Dilapidations Insurance reinstatement Valuations TDD Contract Admin
As a Building Surveying Graduate you will have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks and see projects from inception to completion on site.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2.1 or equivalent) in Building Surveying.
• Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
• Knowledge of insurance related practices would be advantageous
• Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
• Ability to work in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
• Achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
• Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team.
• Relevant work experience would be advantageous
Competitive Salary + Car Allowance + Bonus