Salary: Highly Competitive + Excellent Benefits + Bonus + Car Allowance
Working hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid working, living in the South of England for in-person site visits
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 16th December 2022
Interview Dates: w/c 19th December 2022
Are you a recent Surveying Post-Graduate looking for a permanent opportunity to gain further training and experience in a supportive environment to kickstart your career pathway to becoming a RICS accredited Chartered Surveyor?
If the answer is yes, then Safe As Houses might is your employer of choice!
Safe As Houses is a property investment/development group operating in the care sector space with a strong and growing portfolio. We actively work with public and private sector partners to meet the increasing needs of vulnerable individuals across the UK. This includes, but is not limited to, supported living, residential care, children’s services, and homeless accommodation.
The Safe As Houses vision is to help alleviate the chronic lack of care facilities within the UK. Our mission is to collaborate with and fund an evolving portfolio of dynamic partners, which enables creation and funding of high-quality accommodation and future proofed environments. Each one of our developments is aimed at enhancing the lives of society’s most vulnerable individuals in the most dignified way possible.
This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting, high growth business with a UK-wide portfolio of quality and excellence in its field.
As our new Surveyor (Post-Graduate), you will gain extensive experience working as part of a high-performing team on a variety of professional services and projects across the private and public sectors. You will have full training and support from a highly experienced Chartered Surveyor, who will fully encourage you to work towards progressing your career every step of the way towards RICS accreditation.
There will also be large amounts of support from highly experienced colleagues in related areas of expertise, who are keen to make sure you will succeed and feel valued - there will be very little in the way of red tape and clear career progression.
Duties will include assisting on dilapidation surveys, pre-acquisition surveys, among others. The role will be varied, allowing the successful candidate to broaden their horizons and gain experience throughout the Surveying industry.
Due to the impressive scope of the company, you will be working with a range of clients, from big projects to private contracts. This means that no two days are ever the same!
The ideal Graduate Surveyor will have:
- A UK post-graduate degree in Surveying or related (RICS accredited essential)
- A full, clean UK driving license with business insurance. Excellent report writing and presentation ability.
- Solutions focused.
- An enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated ‘can do’ attitude.
- Relevant work experience is preferred.
NB: It is also important that the right candidate is agile enough to adapt to a fast-moving commercial environment. There will be the opportunity for career development as the business grows. Room for enhancement exists, as do rewards for excellent performance.
Our excellent Safe As Houses Care employees must be:
- Target driven and highly motivated
- Excellent multi-media and in-person relationship building skills
- Highly organised, be able to work under pressure
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Excellent IT skills - MS Office, adaptive to various company software packages
- Ability to act on own initiative, strong problem solver
- Supportive work ethic
- Contribute to a good team spirit
At Safe As Houses Limited we offer excellent employee benefits, as follows:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual Leave entitlement of 26 days per annum
- 8 fixed Bank Holidays
- 1 day off work for your Birthday
- Car Allowance (if applicable)
- Remote or hybrid working
- Wellbeing and financial advice and support for you and your family
- Company pension scheme with NEST
- Medical insurance with Bupa
- Generous Profit-Sharing Scheme
- Discretionary annual pay review
- Career Development supported
If you are successful, your employment with Safe As Houses Limited will be subject to the following:
- Receipt of two references, one of which must be from your present or most recent employer
- Confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK (Right to Work Checks)
- Other employment checks, such as qualifications verification, CV gaps and dates etc.
- Satisfactory completion of the company's 3-month Probationary period