The Estates Manager will be responsible for the day to day operational management of all estates related matter across a portfolio of 13 schools.
At Tove Learning Trust our ethos is simple; to inspire education that leads to outstanding outcomes. We are committed to ensuring that all of our students across our schools achieve their full potential, we work hard to offer stimulating environments that enable every child to develop and flourish.
The Trust is made up of 13 schools across Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire & the West Midlands.
We require a knowledgeable and committed Estates Manager to support the Tove Learning Trust (TLT) leadership team with the development of our school estates and oversee our strategic development and operational management. The exact job role will vary from time to time due to the differing needs of the trust and the composition of the estate which varies from a 1920's grammar school to modern day. TLT is a multi-academy trust with a small central structure and a large amount of autonomy granted to its constituent schools. Each school has its own site team and business manager (or equivalent) and the post holder will work closely with these teams, other central colleagues and the trustees to ensure compliance with our statutory responsibilities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the long term integrated estates strategy and capital build programmes for the Trust including premises related inventory and asset management.
- Understand the legal position of the estate and advise or seek advice on land acquisitions and disposals, tenure and land ownership, safeguarding, leases and public footpath administration and includes leading on the property aspects when new schools join the trust.
- Leadership and management of Health & Safety procedures across the Trust schools ensuring procedures are robust, compliant, documented and evidenced appropriately.
- Comprehensive understanding of property compliance across the Trust incorporating all statutory maintenance and repairs and be able to monitor and report on the current status of the Trust and provide leadership & guidance to the school premises teams.
- Ensure value for money in all estate decisions particularly joint procurement, energy management, income generation and asset management and the cascade of this across the Trust schools.
The successful candidate will:
- have a recognisable qualification in a building services trade, surveying, property management, health & safety or other directly relevant experience
- have experience in a similar environment i.e. management of teams and properties in a range of locations
- be passionate about reducing our carbon footprint and improving our energy management systems
- be able to demonstrate strong IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. and a mastery of bespoke software relating to the job role
- demonstrate a commitment to ensuring that our school communities can work and learn in a safe environment
- have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and hold a current driver's licence. As travel is required between sites, they must have access to a reliable means of transport in order to carry out their duties.
A salary of £43,516 - £53,740 is on offer and the successful candidate will also be enrolled on to a Local Government Pension Scheme.