Would you like an opportunity to be part of property projects within the Council?
Would you like to implement new and exciting opportunities to maintain the Council’s track record of developing its current assets?
Would you like to work for a Council that offers fantastic employee benefits, including agile working, flexi time and a generous annual leave entitlement?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘YES’, then we have the role for you!
Our property team are looking for a Chartered Surveyor to work up to full time (37 hours per week). Salary for the role is up to £41,741, plus a market forces supplement of £4k per annum
About the role
We are seeking a Chartered Surveyor who is also a Registered Valuer, or able to become one, with at least 3 years post qualification experience. We are also interested in hearing from graduates currently undertaking their APC.
Experience of UK based general practice surveying, estate management or of land / property development is essential as the Council has an extensive property portfolio to manage and develop.
This is a very hands-on and varied role, and you will have ample opportunities to get involved in acquisitions and disposals, rent reviews, lease renewals and general estate management. You will also have the opportunity to become involved in the delivery of specific property projects working in conjunction with other members of the property and legal teams.
If you are a registered valuer you will also be responsible for undertaking a range of valuations including asset valuations to support the annual accounts.
Wychavon District Council has a track record of developing its assets to optimise its return and has built supermarkets and doctors surgeries on its land. Current projects include leisure, transport, residential and industrial developments and part of this role is to seek and develop future opportunities.
You will be expected to develop business cases for new schemes, draft reports and to provide professional advice to colleagues and councillors.
We are seeking a confident and motivated surveyor with a strong business acumen who can manage complex issues to completion.
You will need to demonstrate a commitment to delivering the Council's values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect.
As an employee you will be responsible for championing and demonstrating the Council’s Leadership Behaviour Framework by inspiring, communicating, collaborating, and empowering self and others and leading by example.
If you are the right person for this role, you must be able to:
- Manage and develop the Council’s property portfolio
- Undertake and advise on asset valuations,property reviews, acquisitions, and disposals, Landlord and Tenant matters and general estate management.
- Lead on specific property projects and act as the client representative on external groups.
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience as a Chartered Surveyor in a general practice or land / property development role (or, potentially, undertaking APC)
- Be capable of becoming a Registered Valuer.
- Be a car driver and capable of carrying out site visits throughout the Wychaovn area.
- Degree level, or equivalent qualification, in property or estate management or similar.
- Professional membership of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, (MRICS / FRICS) and a member of the RICS Registered Valuer Scheme (or capable of becoming so).
- You will need strong IT, written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work with a range of property professionals and stakeholders.
For more role requirements, please view our job description and person specification, attached.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation spending time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like developing our town centres, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
- Agile Working
- 37 hour working week & flexi time
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement, increasing after 5 years’ service Employee Discounts with a range of companies
To discuss the post or for further information, please contact Amanda Galvin, Property Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 8 January 2023
Interview date: Thursday 19 January 2023