LPL Construction is a rapidly evolving provider of construction services. We successfully deliver projects across the southeast of the United Kingdom by drawing on over 30 years of experience. LPL works within numerous sectors such as schools, airports, The NHS plus private sector projects. LPL always responds to clients with adaptability and fluidity to meet our customer's needs and the demands within modern construction environment. We are looking for a competent and diligent Quantity Surveyor who can thrive in this environment. Our head office is based at Elsenham, Bishops Stortford, where this job will be based. It is a 5-minute drive from Stansted Airport.
If you love to work in a dynamic environment with multifaceted clients and projects. Want to work within very interesting and unusual operationally complex settings. Hold a robust and professional skillset with strong commercial acumen. Can provide great stakeholder management by working collaboratively with stakeholders to validate solutions that meet compliant and functional requirements then LPL would love to hear from you!
Ideally suitable candidates for the Quantity Surveyor role will have the following experience:
- Degree or HNC/HND profession qualification desirable
- Strong commercial acumen and experience working within the NEC contract suite (desirable)
- Price/forecast projects of varying scale, type, in some cases very limited scope detail
- Professional skills, such as leadership and stakeholder management and collaboration
- Stakeholders’ management skills to commercially validate solutions or create new options.
- Work well within a fast-paced tender environment producing work to comply with a range of clients’ needs
- Manage and lead change control and valuations for projects
- Great communicator
- Driver’s license
- Due to working within restricted areas this job requires a 5-year, checkable work history to ensure a Airside Pass can be gained.LPL is a conscientious employer is it is committed to implementing and enforcing effective systems which prevent and eliminate Slavery and human trafficking, our policy is available on request.
LPL is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our growing team. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Full job description available on request.