Head of Capital Projects
37.5 hours per week, with hybrid working 2-3 days working from home.
Up to £62,000 per annum.
About the role
We are looking to recruit for a new Head of Capital Projects, to join our Senior Leadership Team. In this new Senior Leadership Team role as Head of Capital Projects you will be responsible with your team for the budget, specification and delivery of major capital projects throughout the existing estate.
You will be a qualified a Quantity Surveyor and support the training of graduate surveyors. Your primary role will be to lead the team to successfully deliver large capital projects working with procurement and finance colleagues to ensure these are delivered as efficiently as possible both in terms of time and cost and to a high quality with the ability to benchmark both quality and cost externally. Other skills and experience required include:
- Lead and manage the surveying team in terms of priorities and output whilst also providing support and personal development opportunities.
- Work to support our joint venture partners and oversee that the Trust discharges it’s professional responsibilities within the joint ventures.
- Lead progress reviews at all gateways and control points. Assisting with the development and subsequent monitoring of the specification reflecting the operational agreed brief and leading the delivery and execution of the schemes.
- Attend relevant site inspections/meetings as required in relation to the contracts to provide leadership through the surveyor’s and manage the tender and contractor selection process.
- Supported by the finance business partner for property you will monitor individual project progress against budget and programme
- Prepare and monitor bid package tender schedules and report against the cost plan as required and the reason for selection of contractors. Liaising with Procurement as required.
- Prepare contractor bid lists in conjunction with Procurement and obtain approval via the Property and Development Director.
- Monitor and provide as required subcontract schedules and confirm that they are in line and accordance with the contract documents.
- Prepare, review and submit the agreed monthly cost reports collating information from the surveyors as required to the Property Development Director/Deputy CEO.
About our Benefits
We operate a hybrid working policy where you must spend a minimum of 2-3 days in the office, and the remaining time can be worked from home.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership team, you can expect benefits such as:
- Contributary company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Car Allowance
- Free parking
- ‘My Rewards’ scheme and Blue Light Card giving you discount on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more