Ministry of Justice
A leading International Consultancy is looking for a Project Manager to work with the Ministry of Justice on the delivery of capital refurbishments and upgrades across the MoJ's estate including prisons, courts and probation and the constructing one of the largest prisons in the UK.
Due to the continued growth with the Ministry of Justice, Our client requires a project manager. This role will be expected to provide project management across all stages to deliver the project against cost, time and quality requirements. This role sits in the consultancy business, specifically the justice and blue light sector.
This position will suit those looking to further their careers with a major project or programme role. In addition to achieving the client's own transformational estate objectives, the project's priorities include health safety and wellbeing, BIM and digital construction, sustainability, government soft landings, social value creation, people and skill development and collaboration. This programme is being used as a catalyst for some industry-wide innovations and would suit candidates interested in supporting and championing these causes.
This is a client-facing role, responsible for working together with team members, developing the clients' strategy, through to assisting in the appointment of the extended professional team of local consultants and contractors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing of outline and development briefs.
- Preparing and delivering the reports including feasibility and project progress reports.
- Facilitating anchor workshops and management of outcomes including communication strategies and stakeholder mapping.
- Preparing the project execution plan (PEP) and project initiation document (PID).
- Developing, assessing, interpreting and on-going management of programmes.
- Preparing risk registers and management of the mitigation/management strategy.
- Coordinating the procurement of consultant and contractors.
- Managing of the design process and monitoring against project team's deliverables.
- Managing the change control processes.
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets, cash flow and profitability.
- Constructing and projecting close-out including client sign off and facilitating lessons learnt workshops.
- Providing line management of assistant managers, graduates and apprentices.
You will ideally have a background in delivering public sector construction projects, dealing with high level stakeholders and familiarity with governance processes, preferably in the custodial estate. Application of BREEAM and other sustainability criteria. Familiarity in two stage contracting with NEC and/or partnering forms of contract would be preferred.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships. Strong understanding of contractual dispute resolution techniques. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career.
This Project Managers role will be based in Birmingham and provide a competitive salary and great benefit package.
If you have the experience then please send your application to email@example.com