The successful applicant will be working on the largest mixed-use development in single ownership to be developed in central London for a significant period.
My client has grown to become one of the leading real estate development companies in the UK, delivering major commercial, residential, educational, cultural and community developments in the UK's largest cities. The company are involved in the full development process - from identifying and assembling sites, developing designs, and obtaining planning permission through to financing, project management of the construction process, letting and asset management.
This is an excellent 18-month fixed term contract opportunity for a Project Manager to undertake development management services primarily on offices at a central London Development scheme, with a particular focus (but not limited to) the client interface, briefing and design review elements of the company's development management appointment. The organisational culture is highly entrepreneurial and collaborative, and the successful applicant will gain a deep understanding of real estate on a premier development site which has a rich history and a unique setting.
- Supporting the DM team regarding main contractor and trade contract overview, with project management of contract, programme, cost, and reporting to end user client. It will have an element of design management interface.
- Supporting the Project Director acting as the Development Manager for the client.
- Work with others to coordinate (and in many cases lead the coordination of) the design and delivery of building and infrastructure projects.
- Undertake, as necessary, construction and procurement-related, development, economic, planning, design, cost and occupier research.
- Undertake business planning activities, including basic financial modelling, cost plan refinement, construction and phasing of development.
- Interact as necessary with retained parties, third parties and interested stakeholders including landowners, asset owners, parties with statutory functions, architects, engineers, contractors, surveyors, planners, landscape designers, built environment specialists, tenants, local authorities, lawyers, community groups, schools and young people in pursuance of the delivery of the development.
A specialism in either MEP Engineering or Programming is desirable for candidates. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience within a relevant commercial sector of the construction industry. A specialism in Construction Programming, and a working knowledge of Asta PowerProject and Primavera P6 is desirable along with an ability to use internal systems effectively and follow internal processes as required.
The position offers a competitive salary, benefits package and bonus along with the opportunity to work on a project that is one of London's largest mixed-use, regeneration Estates.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity and possess the requisite experience highlighted above, then please send your CV to Dan Kavanagh.