Your new company
I present to you an opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor / Project Manager to join a Leeds team working within the infrastructure business of a globally renowned and respected organisation.
Working in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of Building Surveying services. They can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a number of high profile public and private sector
Your new role
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team and has experience in managing client relationships and dealing with legal and technical issues.
As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone who works well in teams and is committed to delivering a first-class service to our clients.
This position would be an excellent opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor with post qualification experience, to develop their career within a forward-thinking organization.
· Working across a number of projects in different sectors, managing and providing a range of · building surveying / project management duties.
· Assisting with the development of new and repeat business across all sectors where possible.
· Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project by project basis. · Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business to include;
· Project management and Contract Administration duties for larger projects
· Condition and measured surveys, Designing and implementing small - medium sized projects,
Due diligence surveys.
· The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
· Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
· Framework management - be able to manage teams and deliver commissions under framework agreements
· Experience in sectors that includes: education, local authorities, health care, central government and infrastructure projects.
· Defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports and specifications.
· Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
· Delivery of both pre- and post- contract project management services.
What you'll need to succeed
Ability to demonstrate good all-round surveying experience.
Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and be able to
deliver this service effectively to Clients.
· Good team working skills and ability to communicate well at all levels.
· Prepared to travel as required.
· To liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service and positive, high
· performing team environment.
· Experience of AutoCAD and Revit would be an advantage.
· An awareness of BIM systems.
· Ability to manage and develop team members including mentoring of APC graduates.
· Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree, or equivalent qualification.