Senior Chartered Building Surveyor/Associate - Building Defects
Salary: Generous salary + benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Want to join a leading international, independent real estate consultancy with an all together different approach?
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Chartered/Associate Building Surveyor to join us after another fantastic year across our real estate sectors. Due to exponential growth, we need a strong Senior Chartered/Associate Building Surveyor to drive forward our building defects work in and around London.
This is a new role created to support the growth and development of our London based service focussing on Building Defects. The team has identified an opportunity for an ambitious surveyor to take ownership and develop this area of business through a steady stream of existing and potential work alongside current business development openings in the market.
You will have the opportunity to work with a vast variety of commercial and high end, luxury residential real estate.
- Work closely with directors and core team members to grow the building defects surveying service
- Potential for line management of junior team members and graduates as the service grows
- Carry out multi-skilled building surveyor duties, focussing on building defects works
- Investigate possible and confirmed building defects on commercial and some luxury residential real estate
- Identify causes of defects, advising on recommendations to fix defects and the implications of not completing recommended maintenance to resolve issues
- Accurately complete defect analysis surveys, communicate effectively with other internal and external departments
- Lead on business development including managing existing clients, identify opportunities for growth and networking potential new clients
- MRICS with 2-3 years PQE minimum
- An interest in and good understand of building defects work
- Driven and ambitious, keen to help grow a new service and build a team
- From a corporate background, ideally experience within a consultancy
- Experience within commercial real estate
- Strong writing capabilities, attention to detail and IT technical skills
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- An employee-owned business who directly benefit from its success through dividends
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, and more
- Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights, and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail to see if it would be a good fit for you, including our generous salary and benefits package, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Jen Macmillan at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07818572319. Alternatively if you want to have a chat about any other potential opportunities we may have, please feel free to reach out for a conversation.