Surveying Graduate Scheme 2023
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- Great salary with fantastic initiatives
- Closing date
- 6 Feb 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Building Surveyor, Project Management, Quantity Surveyor, Construction
Surveying Graduate Scheme 2023
Closing applicants on 6th February
Making big things happen
On our Graduate Development Programme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in our industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders. We also want you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Find out how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about Diversity & Inclusion, including our recent pledges for Women's Equality, how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Faithful+Gould, you'll be in great company.
Join the team that delivers project and programme management consultancy across the world. We build strong relationships by understanding the challenges our clients face, sharing their vision and helping them transform potential into reality. Our cutting-edge independent advice and guidance enables our clients to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes. You could work on large prestigious Transportation projects with clients including HS2, TfL, Gatwick Airport and Thames Water, or focus on public building projects ranging from a primary school extension to a medieval fortress. We'll trust you to own your projects while supporting you to develop your skills and confidence.
We strive to build strong relationships by understanding the challenges our clients face, sharing their vision and helping them transform potential into reality. Our core suite of digital platforms and tools underpin our service delivery model and through innovation, standardisation and automation, we maximise efficiencies for our clients to save time and money. Our cutting-edge independent advice and guidance enables our clients to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes.
We believe that, in today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions and is empowered to realise their full potential as important members of our team. Access to a wider repertoire of ideas and experiences accelerates the development of solutions adapted to our clients’ needs. Simply put, it gives us a competitive advantage and breeds innovation. Staff wellbeing, Equality Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) are our core values. We support initiatives such as ED&I Social networks, Diversity Sustainability and the wellbeing of staff are keys to our continued cusses and growth
We offer an intensive training package tailored to your individual needs, you will define this with your mentor to take you from Graduate to Chartered Professional. You’ll be motivated with a positive attitude and enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices, and always seeking to be forward thinking and going the extra mile to help us maintain our excellent performance.
Where you could work
Within Faithful+Gould there are two core surveying teams you can join; Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying, please read on for more detail;
Faithful+Gould – Quantity Surveying
Locations: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Oxford, Nottingham, Stockton, Swansea, Southampton, Tunbridge Wells, Warrington.
Degree Requirements: Obtained or expecting a 2.2 Bachelor’s degree or above in Quantity Surveying or a degree in any subject for those who can demonstrate commercial or technical acumen. Faithful+Gould will sponsor your MSc on a day release basis if you don’t have a degree in a relevant subject
You can either join us as Quantity Surveyor in our Transportation team or our Property teams. Both industries provide focus on adding value to our clients’ construction journey through expert cost advice and construction technical knowledge. More detail on these teams;
Transportation Team (Quantity Surveying)
Our Quantity Surveyor Transportation team, enables you to work on some of the most prestigious and technically challenging Civil Engineering projects in the UK, influencing the way we live and shape the Built Environment. Our highly regarded Transportation team has a significant client base across multiple sectors, working for clients such as HS2, TfL, Network Rail, Highways England, EDF Energy, Thame Water and Gatwick Airport to name just a few. Our leading clients you may be working in are in Railway, Local Authority, Highways, or Aviation sectors.
As a Quantity Surveyor in Transportation, you will have the exciting opportunity to take responsibility for a vast array of projects ranging between £1m - £100m+. This will involve spending time in the office or out on the client’s site, ensuring that client projects are delivered on time, budget and to the specification. Tasks can range from providing clients with strategic cost advice at project conception, to guiding clients through procurement routes and administering contracts of major value on their behalf.
Commercial Property Team (Quantity Surveying)
If you join one of our Quantity Surveyor Property teams you will enjoy exposure on a wide variety of schemes, in all sectors, including new university campuses, commercial office developments, refurbishment of listed buildings and museums, large residential scheme, theme parks, the list is endless! You will learn to guide design teams, ensuring projects are designed within our clients’ budget and you will work with contractors, on site, managing construction costs for our clients. Along the way you gain excellent experience to enable you to pass your APC confidently not just making you a Chartered Surveyor but making you excellent at your job.
You will be developing your communication and problem-solving skills as well as honing your mathematical ability and business acumen. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing qualified team, to learn from.
Faithful+Gould - Building Surveying
Locations: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Epsom, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Swansea, Southampton,Tunbridge Wells, Warrington.
Degree Requirements: Obtained or expecting a 2.2 Bachelor’s degree or above in Building Surveying or a degree in any subject for those who can demonstrate commercial or technical acumen. Faithful+Gould will sponsor your MSc on a day release basis if you don’t have a degree in a relevant subject
As a Graduate Building Surveyor, you need to enjoy being out of the office. The nature of our projects and the work we do is hands on, you will likely be liaising directly with the client and project team as well as members of the public on a frequent basis. Time spent back in the office will not be dull, for one thing there will always be a new project to work on, our teams are growing and our project variety with it! Our building surveyors manage several projects at any one time, in a variety of different sectors ranging from a local primary school extension, to a medieval fortress, to a prison building to a recording studio – pretty much anything property related across the public and private sector. Our services include party wall, dilapidations, technical due diligence, surveys, landlord and tenant relations and compliance.
Our scope is unlimited, as is our potential. We are one of the leading providers of building surveying services within the UK, our national team will support you through your APC and beyond. If you’re looking for a varied project portfolio, which frequently takes you out of the office and enjoy being part of a large, social team then this is the discipline for you.
What you’ll need
- A passion for, and understanding of, a consultancy environment
- Enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn
- Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation (RICS)
- An ability to adapt to the changing world of work, embracing new technology and agile ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate relationship building skills which you’ll use with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Training and development
Our training will help you solve real-life problems from day one and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
- Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. What defines Faithful+Gould is the unrivalled amount of support by your assigned supervisor and buddy during APC workshops, monthly Q&A, training and mocks.
- Professional development which will be discussed throughout GDP, supporting you in becoming a well-rounded consultant and encouraging you to obtain your APC by offering you a wide variety of work and projects in order to gain experiencer required to achieve this. We also offer core learning modules to develop your softer skills such as technical writing and presentation skills to enable to you complete your day to day role.
- APC coaching, professional training and industry exposure with a high-level clients and variety of projects
- This year we have had exceptional UK APC results exceeding the national average by 15% with a combined pass rate of 80% which shows our dedication and commitment to training and L&D.
- At F+G, you will join a highly motivated, knowledgeable and dynamic team that will ensure that you receive the right training and development opportunities required to achieve your Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Chartership, which will open doors around the world as an internationally recognised professional standard. Structured Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) Training. Offering support on your career journey.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
To view all available benefits, visit our Total Rewards portal.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089 or email@example.com
Our deadline for applications is Friday 6th January 2023. Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
More about us
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years' design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll join a team of people who ask questions, who dare to see things differently and want to build a better world.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins are an A rated sponsor, if you have any queries regarding sponsorship, please visit our International Student careers page.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert