Senior Specialist Surveyor
Closing date: 25 January 2023
Salary: £47,408 - £52,359
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 37 hours
Post number: 202935
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the natural environment across Wales.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented and experienced chartered surveyor to enable and support the delivery of a multitude of biodiversity related projects across Wales.
You will be a professional expert who can use influencing and negotiation skills to work internally and externally, improving the condition of designated sites and to tackle nature and climate emergencies.
You will provide an expert role and lead on biodiversity and fisheries projects across Wales. You will be responsible, directly and by the advice given, for ensuring NRW manages the significant financial, legal, operational and reputational risk arising from the management of land and assets
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Full Chartered Surveyor membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. (RICS)
- RICS Registered Valuer or a willingness to become one.
- Substantial relevant experience in the field and ability to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and personal and professional credibility and a commitment to continuing professional development.
- Excellent people management, financial management, leadership and influencing skills. Able to manage complex Projects and Programmes of work.
- Proven ability to manage financial, legal, operational and reputational risk around the post holder’s area of work and identify risks to the business.
- In-depth knowledge in land and property management to enable the provision of objective advice to others on specialist issues.
- Confidence and the ability to discuss policy and legal land stewardship issues with a range of audiences.
- Excellent inter-personal and influencing skills and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships and networks with a range of individuals and at all levels.
- Excellent negotiating skills employed to achieve the best outcome for NRW.
- Expertise in identifying areas for cost reduction and increasing income.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
For more information, please visit our website.