Chartered Building Surveyor in East Sussex with 2+ years’ post qualification experience – ideally to include Home Surveys, Dilapidations including the negotiation stage and Party Wall Work to become an integral part of the team and management structure. Working predominantly in East Sussex but occasionally extending further afield to include London and the Home Counties.
Working closely with the Directors and the various line managers, you will work to provide a Building Surveying service to the existing portfolio of clients, to provide an in-house service which is outsourced at the present. The role offers an opportunity for the right candidate to develop and grow a department within an already established Property Management company.
The successful candidate:
- Qualified Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS or FRICS).
- Able to undertake preparation of specifications and contract administration work and to act as the principal designer
- Able to undertake defect investigation reports.
- Experience in CAD drawings preferable.
- Design capability.
- Experience in local authority applications and approval, including to Heritage properties.
- Experience in acting as the building owner’s and adjoining owner’s surveyor in regards to party wall matters.
- Able to undertake and assist with insurance reinstatement cost assessments is preferable.
- Experience of mentoring, or acting as counsellor, for APC students is preferable, but not essential.
These are the key responsibilities of the role. There will be other general duties associated with the position. To be eligible, a candidate must be legally able to work in the UK and have a full, ‘clean’ driving license. Appropriate training / CPD will be provided and excellent career progression opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Flexible working, training, company pension contribution, employee recognition/ reward scheme, team building events, cycle to work scheme, free eye test voucher, Employee Assistance, community activities. 25 Days annual leave. Support with training / CPD and career development and RICS fees.
Please apply for further details on this role.
You will receive feedback on your application within 48 hours by Toni Dukes by phone or email.
Your CV will never be shared without your permission so apply with confidence.
You will be contacted by Toni Dukes, Senior Consultant
t: 07384 704 575
To view more roles within; Building Surveying, General Practice Surveying, Valuation and Project Management, please visit our website, contact me for an initial discussion about your career path, and follow my LinkedIn page for new opportunities and shared industry updates.