Are you a Quantity Surveyor potentially looking for your next move? Are you interested in exploring an opportunity with a reputable, supportive and diverse construction consultancy firm? Interested in having a variety of projects and sectors available for you to work on? Then keep reading!
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Construction Consultancy firm in London. We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated person who will run small projects and parts of large complex projects as part of team. You will work across a vast array of exciting projects within residential, commercial, aviation, healthcare, education and rail!
This opportunity will suit someone who is looking to progress quickly, who is looking for an excellent employee culture and someone who is a self-starter!
- Assist in establishing client's requirements and undertake initial cost planning exercises.
- Carry out cost planning and value engineering to RIBA design stages and give informed client cost advice.
- Have an understanding and developing an opinion on procurement strategies.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including BOQ's for checking by senior staff.
- Carry out tender appraisals and identify a recommendation for the client.
- Monitor and record costs of projects.
- Identify risks to projects and assess cost variations.
- Value completed works and arrange payments in accordance with the contract.
- Be able to produce draft project or claim reports under the supervision of senior staff.
- Issue notices in accordance with the contract under claim situation.
- Liaise and confidently communicate with other members of the project or client team.
- Maintain detailed variation and risk register information.
- Able to prepare draft final accounts.
- Confident to attend and input into project meetings.
- Gaining experience or understanding of the CVR process.
- An understanding of ADR methods.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and principles.
- Demonstrates an appetite for CPD.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Good IT skills.
- Smart & presentable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Adaptable and flexible
- Willingness to work on a secondment role in a client's office or on site premises
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance
- Eligible for discretionary Company bonus scheme.
- Professional membership with RICS