Graduate Measured Surveyor
Location: Birmingham, Dublin, London & Manchester
Contract Type: Permanent
We are now recruiting for graduates who have recently completed or are studying towards either a BSc or MSc in Geomatics or Land Surveying to join Hollis.
Graduates will join well-established and expert teams and the role will be to assist them in all aspects of Measurement Surveying. You will be enrolled onto our APC programme immediately and start working towards chartership.
We usually have graduate openings in our London, Manchester, Birmingham and Dublin offices, applications will close on 13 January 2023, with interviews taking place in January and February 2023. To apply please upload a copy of your CV and cover letter as one document.
- Undertaking a full range of measured survey instructions, whether in a lead capacity or assisting on larger instructions
- Ensure that all projects meet the necessary Company standards, such as quality, data management and health and safety.
- Liaise with senior members of the team to advise the most appropriate technology and the most efficient way to deliver projects.
- Take responsibility for data, from its collection to final delivery, using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification
- Meet target KPIs on work in progress (WIP) management including Hours into WIP (HIW).
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
- Undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
- Respect Company Values.
- Degree or MSc in Geomatics or Land Surveying with ideally some work experience in a commercial property environment
- Excellent mathematical and technical skills
- Knowledge of Leica instrumentation, processing software (LSS, Cyclone and Cloudworx) is desirable but not essential
- Previous knowledge and experience of using MBS software (or similar on-site data capture software) is desirable but not essential
- Experienced user of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Revit and use of scan data in a CAD environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Clean driving licence
- Is passionate about surveying
The ideal candidate will have a professional and can-do attitude, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and be able to prioritise and multi-task. They will have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy. They are required to be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure and importantly is passionate about Surveying. We welcome applicants with language skills and we would love to second people to go abroad or recruit nationals from Europe to do our UK training before relocating to one of the European offices.
You will be excited by the opportunity to join a growing company and keen to develop your skills and experience across sectors.
Do you want to be part of an organisation with a relaxed and friendly working environment?
Be surrounded by industry experts? Then we want to hear from you.
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- An employee-owned business who directly benefit from its success through dividends
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, and more
- Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights, and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.