Building Surveying Placement
Location: Multiple locations
Contract Type: Temporary
We are now recruiting for students currently studying towards either a BSc or MSc in Building Surveying to join Hollis for a summer or year out placement.
Students will join well-established and expert teams and the role will be to assist them in all aspects of Building Surveying.
- Assisting on a full range of building surveying instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including offices, retail and industrial.
- Assisting on servicing instructions which are typically split about 50:50 between professional work and project work.
- Assisting in providing professional work to clients including schedules of dilapidations, pre-acquisition surveys, party wall awards, defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance reports, fire insurance valuations, disability audits, schedules of condition.
- Support project work which can typically range from £50k to £7million where the firm performs the role of designer, contract administrator, project manager or an employer’s agent.
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
- Respect Company Values.
- Working towards a degree or MSc in Building Surveying with ideally some work experience in a commercial property environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience of AutoCAD an advantage, though not essential
- Clean driving licence
The ideal candidate will have a professional and can-do attitude, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and be able to prioritise and multi-task. They will have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy. They are required to be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure and importantly is passionate about Building Surveying. We welcome applicants with language skills, and we would love to second people to go abroad or recruit nationals from Europe to do our UK training before relocating to one of the European offices.
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- An employee-owned business who directly benefit from its success through dividends
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, and more
- Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights, and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail to see if it would be a good fit for you, including our generous salary and benefits package, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Jen Macmillan at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07818572319. Alternatively if you want to have a chat about any other potential opportunities we may have, please feel free to reach out for a conversation.