Due to continued and sustained expansion, Peace Recruitment's close clients a leading global consultancy are recruiting a Chartered Building Surveyor up to Senior Surveyor Level in Edinburgh.
Covering the full range of Building Surveying services they have a particular focus on project and programme delivery. Currently involved in a diverse range of exciting projects and have a robust pipeline of future work across a range of sectors – heritage, education, healthcare, commercial, central government, defence and retail.
You will be part of a vibrant dynamic team responsible for delivering a varied range of building surveying commissions including professional services, condition surveys.
Covering all aspects of construction from feasibility through to design, construction, handover and post completion reviews with an emphasis on heritage, refurbishment, adaptation, planned maintenance and a developing track record in decarbonisation and net zero programmes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting business unit directors in delivering business objectives;
- Positively engaging with customers and developing, growing, and maintaining customer relationships;
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that building surveying deliverables meet customer’s requirements;
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with business procedures;
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works – from feasibility through to design, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews;
- Preparing and managing planned maintenance programmes;
- Quality monitoring of construction projects;
- Planning service delivery in conjunction with the Director with overall responsibility for the project;
- Communicating with and providing good sound professional advice to both clients and other project team members;
- before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks;
- Managing services delivery for profit;
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Sound Building Surveying experience post MRICS qualification;
- Sound knowledge of traditional and non-traditional construction methods and materials;
- Good knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies;
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts;
- Clear and effective communication skills – both oral and written;
- Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes;
- Sound problem solving, negotiating skills, financial and numeracy management skills;
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily;
- Sound ICT Skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
RICS exempting degree or post graduate diploma
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our Global Travel Scholarship Programme
- Flexible working arrangements