Nearly Qualified/Recently Qualified Property & Asset Management Surveyor
- Varnom Ross
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Up to £45,000 + additional benefits including bonus
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2023
- Land, Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Asset & Facilities Management, Commercial Property, Property Management
- Chartered Surveyor, Newly Qualified, APC Training
My nationwide client has a Property & Asset Management position available in their London Office for a close to being chartered/newly qualified Surveyor.
The role will encompass all aspects of management predominately working on a range of City of London offices and South East based retail portfolio. The successful candidate is expected to have experience in the management of office properties, retail properties and to be a good communicator, be self-motivated and have a good eye for detail. Some FM and operational experience are desirable.
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of multiple mixed-use commercial properties
- You will be working with a property administrator and client accounting team to ensure rent and service charge demands are sent out in a timely fashion and rent payments and arrears are monitored closely
- Building good relationships with all key stakeholders including clients, occupiers, internal teams to ensure the highest standards of service delivery
- Managing and agreeing licences and occupier requests
- Review and enforcement of tenant/customer covenant compliance
- Management of the dilapidations process
- Setting, managing and reporting on service charge and annual budgets
- Contractor and supplier management
- Liaising with other departments to ensure delivery of all relevant services to the properties managed and to the client
- Ensuring data accuracy and managing the property management database.
Skills and experience
- A commitment to delivering the highest level of customer service
- A proven track record and experience in commercial property management, knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law including the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Knowledge and experience in managing single let and multi-let office buildings and retail units
- Strong understanding of budget setting, cost control and service charge recovery/administration
- Knowledge of building construction, M&E installations and contract management.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking Lease renewals, rent reviews and lettings/disposals/acquisitions and licences
- Good attention to detail, with a strong numerical and written ability
- Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions & recommendations
- Target driven and able to work at pace
- Excellent organisational skills
- You will ideally be RICS qualified
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Property Management software e.g. TRAMPS
What you will receive
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, Holiday purchase, Cycle to work, gym and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteering policy
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 7 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.
Varnom Ross is a specialist recruitment agency based in Central London, matching property professionals with private and public sector clients across the UK’s commercial marketplace.
- +44 20 3745 7074
24 Holborn Viaduct
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert