We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our Land and Property business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP
YOUR NEW ROLE, WHATS INVOLVED?
- Securing land rights for high profile, strategic infrastructure projects across the UK
- Acquiring appropriate land rights for large scale development projects and providing strategic land advice to our clients
- Preparing consent documents
- Utilising statutory powers and other available mechanisms to acquire land (TWAO, DCO, NCIP, GPDO) on behalf of WSP clients across highways, rail, water, telecoms, gas and renewable energy sectors
- Negotiation of Heads of Terms to secure land for projects in timely fashion utilising the appropriate mechanism
- Liaising with landowners land agents, legal representatives, planning authorities, key stakeholders, contractors and clients
- Managing and settling CPO compensation claims
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams across a range of sectors and locations across the UK
- Management and development of a team of early career professionals providing both technical training and career development support
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our multi-disciplinary service line within the WSP Land and Property Team in the delivery of land acquisition, land access, formal consents, statutory orders and compensation agreements and landowner management.
Our clients develop major highway, rail, energy and renewable infrastructure projects, all of which impact privately owned land. You will work as part of a team of Land Consultants assisting in the liaison with landowners that may be affected by development, obtaining the appropriate land consents, gaining access and where necessary compensating them for the impact caused by the scheme.
As part of our Land and Property Team you will combine office, home and on-site working to support the delivery of land access and land acquisition projects through the identification of land ownership, consultation with landowners, undertaking property valuation, assessing and negotiating compensation, combining skills in GIS, data management and landowner engagement.
The role would encompass working with our Land Team across a variety of commercial, residential and agricultural properties.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU ARE OR HAVE
- Proven track record in the management and delivery of land and property related services
- Experience of negotiating with landowners and knowledge of the legal process for the acquisition of property and rights
- Experience of managing and settling a range of voluntary and compulsory purchase compensation claims
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven track record in the management and delivery of land-related services
- Ability to communicate effectively and have strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience of infrastructure development schemes in particular the electricity, road, gas, rail and renewable energy sector
- Strong working knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Transport Works Act 1992, Planning Act 2008, the CPO Compensation Code etc)
- Experience of negotiating commercial terms
- Knowledge of the rural environment and farming practices would be desirable
- A full UK driving licence is required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
APPLY NOW AND BE THE FUTURE OF WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.