We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Building Surveyor to join a private multi-disciplinary practice in London that offers traditional building surveying services. We work with an established and reputable property investment business as retained consultants, responsible for providing professional services and delivering refurbishment and redevelopment schemes across their large and diverse property portfolio of over 900 properties, comprising of a mixture of residential and commercial.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced and qualified Building Surveyor to join their small but expanding building surveying department. The role is mainly office-based, but with the occasional requirement to travel around London and the home counties. This is a client-side role with good job security and the option of hybrid and flexible working.
The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing specifications and schedules of work, including the use of NBS software, and take through tender stage and reporting thereon;
- Running refurbishment and redevelopment projects in the capacity as Contract Administrator;
- Inspecting and preparing schedules of dilapidations (mainly acting on behalf of Landlords) and agreeing settlement of claims;
- Undertaking building pathology inspections and reports;
- Undertaking inspections for licences for alterations and reporting thereon;
- Undertaking inspections and preparing planned maintenance reports and capital expenditure plans;
- Undertaking inspections and preparing schedules of condition;
- Accepting appointments under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and resolving disputes between owners or their appointed surveyors.
The ideal Building Surveyor candidate will be:
- Degree educated and have experience across a broad range of building surveying disciplines, ideally from a small to medium sized private practice
- Ideally MRICS and with several years experience
- Be computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, NBS and PowerPoint) and database software such as Horizon, MS Project and AutoCAD.
- Have excellent time management skills and be adaptable and a quick learner
- Be flexible with a can-do approach and have a positive attitude and outlook
- Be honest, trustworthy and work well within a team environment
What can we offer the successful Building Surveyor?
- Salary depending on experience, plus discretionary performance related bonus;
- Group pension scheme - employer and employee contribution
- Professional subscriptions and CPD events paid;
- 25 days holiday, (plus 8 public holidays);
- End of year bonus and pay review
- We are social - fun events, paid for by the business, throughout the year
- Bupa private health insurance;
- Cash plan healthcare
- Employee wellbeing helpline (24 hours)
- Health Shield wellbeing scheme;
- Death in service insurance (4 x salary);
- Season ticket loan
- Mobile phone & laptop.
Apply today to join this dynamic and growing team! Get in touch with our specialist Building Surveyor recruiter Finn Luckie in strictest confidence, by calling 01792 940 003 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.