Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s largest project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £200 million and an expanding office base in the Asia Pacific region, Continental Europe, the UK and USA.
In London & SE F+G have offices in central London, Epsom, Tunbridge Wells & Cambridge.
We are currently working on a large number of both residential and commercial office new build, fit out and refurbishment schemes in London & the South East, along with a number of complex mixed use projects with some of these sector’s leading developers.
Due to the growth and opportunities that exist in London & the South East, we are currently looking to recruit an MEP Cost Manager from a Quantity Surveying background with significant experience in Mechanical and Electrical systems across a range of sectors to support our M&E cost management team.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, ideally Chartered (MRICS/CIBSE or equivalent) or ‘learnt by experience’
- In depth knowledge and experience of Mechanical and Electrical systems across sectors
- Data centre experience an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of pre and post contract MEP cost management services
- Ability to advise clients on key MEP cost drivers, project costs and value engineering
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical component parts of a project and overall construction costs
- Experienced in client, consultant & contractor facing roles and working as a member of a busy team. Used to working to tight and ever changing deadlines
- Numerically accurate
- Excellent Communication skills
- Outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Full quantity surveying and cost management duties
- Provision of pre contract feasibility and viability advice
- To ensure the highest quality service delivery to clients
- To provide high quality MEP cost advice on complex projects across a range of sectors
- Guidance, care and mentoring of supporting staff
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.