Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing strong emphasis on the training and development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to join our team in Tunbridge Wells. This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
Our London & South-East Building Surveying team is going from strength to strength, with a diverse pipeline of projects across the retail, health, energy, commercial property, residential, education and public sectors. We now need another experienced Surveyor to join our team!
- Working across several projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties.
- Undertaking feasibility studies, producing specifications, obtaining estimates, obtaining statutory approvals and administering contracts for refurbishment projects.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Knowledge of building surveying professional services.
- Mentoring and training the junior Building Surveyors in the APC programme.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- Line management of junior Building Surveyors.
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes in the South-West Region.
- Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
- A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
- Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
- Aware - you understand the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
- Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does, and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
- Delivers - you develop delivery plans for projects, involve others and ensure objectives are met. Adaptable - you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
- A B.Sc. (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS.
- Chartered status essential/highly desirable.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
- Experience of mentoring and training junior team members.
- Experience of managing workloads and projects.
- Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done.
- Meticulous nature and an eye for detail.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.