Senior Building Surveyor – Fire Risk Assessment Specialism
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Building Surveyor
Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group
We're proud to deliver on some of the most prestigious construction projects across the world. It's thanks to our talented people and their diverse thinking, expertise and knowledge. Join us, and you'll be part of our genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone is supported to make the most of their talents and expertise.
When it comes to work-life balance, Faithful+Gould is a great place to be. So, let's discuss how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We're also passionate about what we do while valuing each other equally. So, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.' Learn more.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing strong emphasis on the training and development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to join our established team in London & South-East. This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
Our London & South-East Building Surveying team is going from strength to strength, with a diverse pipeline of projects across the retail, health, energy, commercial property, residential, education and public sectors. We now need another experienced Surveyor to join our team!
We are looking someone with Fire Risk Assessment specialism.
- Working across several projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties.
- Undertaking feasibility studies, producing specifications, obtaining estimates, obtaining statutory approvals and administering contracts for refurbishment projects.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Knowledge of building surveying professional services.
- Mentoring and training the junior Building Surveyors in the APC programme.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- Line management of junior Building Surveyors.
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes in the South West East Region.
- Assisting in the development of fee proposals and contributing to bids.
- Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
- A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
- Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
- Aware - you understand the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
- Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does, and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
- Delivers - you develop delivery plans for projects, involve others and ensure objectives are met. Adaptable - you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
- A B.Sc. (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS.
- Chartered status essential/highly desirable.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
- Experience of mentoring and training junior team members.
- Experience of managing workloads and projects.
- Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done.
- Meticulous nature and an eye for detail.
Why Work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us, and lead on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport, to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
More About Us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Check out some of our most recent and exciting projects.
Meeting Your Needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career. Find out more.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert